[thelist] Alternate to background images in div

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Sun Mar 10 22:40:01 CST 2002

Hello list :

	I am using the background:url(blah blah blah) to create a nice picture
frame thing on my redesign of my site. However, it (like the rest of my
site), crashed in NN 4.x (by crashed I mean doesn't show up). So I was
thinking of using the clip property, but I am confused to its exact use.
Does it just form a layer over the content so only the dimensions that are
specified are viewed, or does it crop the layer (like the cropping tool in
your fav. image editor). Also, if I plan to switch to clip instead of
setting an image to a background, will it show up on NN4.x?

Thanks for your input,
Burhan Khalid

I owe a bucket of tips, but can't think of a good one right now -- 'cept
for don't run with scissors.