[thelist] FLASH

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Mar 11 11:36:00 CST 2002

This is quite vague ... what do you need the Flash to do? I'm
guessing just spice up the home page with some animation? If that's
the case, you won't experience any of the problems you anticipate if
you just show a GIF or JPG when you can't detect the Player. Any
Flash developer will be able to give you the code ... just tell them
to use the "ad banner" settings and send you the published HTML.

<snip>
>We are currently working on a project that ideally requires a flash based
>page as the top level page for the site. Obviously we need to cater for
>HTML/XHTML only browsers as well. What are peoples opinions on the levels of
>FLASH integration that are appropriate?
</snip>

// wealth accumulation experiment:
- E. Joseph Mattheis