[thelist] word to pdf?

Janet Nabring-Stager jnabring at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 12:17:14 CST 2002

Hi there-
A few questions and things to try:
Are you using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader?  You can only
create .pdf files using Adobe Acrobat.
If you are using Adobe Acrobat, what version are you using?  If you
are using 5.0, I know that it 'should' install a button onto your MS
Word toolbar that you can click to automatically create a PDF from
the open MS Word document.  If you go to View-Toolbars-PDFMaker 5.0
in the MS Word menus, it should then show up for you.
If you are using Adobe Acrobat, you can also try to install Acrobat
Distiller, which I've found is more reliable than creating from MS
Word, plus gives you more control over output settings.
If you let me know exactly what you're using, I can give you more
info on the Distiller option...
HTH-

--- Erika Meyer <emeyer at lclark.edu> wrote:
> how do you turn a word doc into an acrobat file?  I've tried
> starting
> from acrobat.  it doesn't seem to recognize the doc.  I've tried
> starting from word. it doesn't seem to give me the choice of
> exporting as pdf.
>
> I even tried going to the little book that came with acrobat.
>
> nothing.
>
> anyone know how to turn a word doc to pdf?
> (I'm on a mac OS 9, if that matters.)
>
> TIA,
>
> Erika
> --