[thelist] AOL switching to Netscape

Jon Hall jonhall at ozline.net
Mon Mar 11 17:08:01 CST 2002

I would have guessed this one would have hit the list by now, but I was
wrong :) Here is the message I posted to one of the CF lists...

http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/03/08/1957252

Well it looks all like the speculation has been true. This is the first
substantial rumor we've seen. I also have another reason to believe it's
true.
I've been following the Mozilla development pretty closely, and have
just started to notice a new keyword on some bugs called "AOLTW". As a
matter of fact in reading some of the bugs listed by following the below
link, you will see that there is a specific AOLTW branch even.
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NE
W&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&field0-0-0=product&type0-0-0=subst
ring&value0-0-0=aoltw&field0-0-1=component&type0-0-1=substring&value0-0-1=ao
ltw&field0-0-2=short_desc&type0-0-2=substring&value0-0-2=aoltw&field0-0-3=st
atus_whiteboard&type0-0-3=substring&value0-0-3=aoltw
Watch that wrap...
Why else would the mothership be interested in a Mozilla bug unless they
specifically ran into it while developing something based on Mozilla?

I think the most interesting point made in the article is that all those
companies that use AOL for internet access that have a thrown together
FrontPage web site are going to start seeing their web sites looking
real ugly in a standard conforming browser, so they are going to need
them fixed. That's good for us!

jon