[thelist] AOL switching to Netscape

Jon Hall jonhall at ozline.net
Mon Mar 11 19:06:00 CST 2002

> i'm going to say the very same thing i said on another cf list with regard
to this:

> this story has *zero* references backing up its claims and there aren't
*any* other news sites carrying similar stories.  the only >shred of
verifiable truth in the store is the appearance of the gecko engine in some
beta compuserve software.  until someone >comes out with some verifiable
information, it's just a bunch of speculation by an uninformed, yet
creative, journalist with no new >news to write about, but a deadline to
meet to keep his job.

I wouldn't exactly call Robin Miller uninformed, or worried about his job.
He is certainly shouting about the switch from the mountaintops either way,
and with his new book out soon, I wouldn't think he would want to sully his
reputation right now on a total fabrication. The Register and Slashdot have
picked it up also, that's not verification, but it also shows that those
respective sites think he may be on to something.

jon