[thelist] Quiet Printing in IE.

s t e f stef at nota-bene.org
Tue Mar 12 07:28:01 CST 2002

[[ Feingold Josh S -- 08:03 12/03/02 -0500 ]]
> >We've looked into using the Javascript Window.Print functionality, but this
> >merely pops up the standard Windows dialog box, and we want this to not
> >appear.
>
>I think that is pretty standard and don't know that you can get around it.
>
>A few days back someone mentioned that Flash offers a way to print something
>without a users approval.  Maybe that would work for you in your
>environment.

Is it just me or do we have a potential security issue here?
and isn't that exactly why there's the usual SYSTEM print dialog?

Imagine someone sending 200 pages to my printer without me acknowledging it...

s t e f

q u o t e o f t h e d a y :

The cow is nothing but a machine with makes grass fit for us
people to eat.

John McNulty