[thelist] Printer friendly pages.

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 12 08:40:02 CST 2002

> From: "Tony Crockford" <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk>
>
> can anyone point me to a definitive resource on the best way to
> create printer-friendly pages (cross browser).

no, but we do have a good CSS primer on print styles that just
appeared on the site:

Kissing Print Versions of Pages Goodbye
http://evolt.org/article/list/20/22225/

> Is this something best managed by CSS or by creating two copies of the
> same page?

audience?

> I'll be using a CMS to generate pages and looking for widest
> compatibility.

sounds like either option would be just as easy, then, if all you
have to do is pipe the pages into a new template...

> Which method would give the best results?

audience?

as it is, with the printable versions of pages on the evolt.org site,
i've found that people don't often use the print link, they tend to
print the default page from the browser.... meaning a print CSS file
would be a good cover on top of a print template...