[thelist] Quiet Printing in IE.

MRC webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Tue Mar 12 10:52:00 CST 2002

Roland,

> We are building a browser-based kiosk system whereby people can click on a
> "Print" button, and the information currently held within the browser
window
> are quietly printed, with the visitor then being told where the item has
> been printed.

    Take a look at ScriptX by Mead Co. There is both a limited, free version
and a full-featured version. I suggest that you peruse the ScriptX manual
[1] first, and if you are interested then visit the informational portion of
their web site [2] -- the caveat being that the informational portion of
their web site requires that you install a couple of their ActiveX controls
(which I think is extremely bad form -- they didn't used to do this). I do
not personally use the control, but others who have seem satisfied with it.

James Aylard

1. http://www.meadroid.com/scriptx/docs/printdoc.htm?static
2. http://www.meadroid.com/scriptx/index.htm