[thelist] Question on use of no script tag

Jim Williamson lakeridge_jim at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 12 12:44:00 CST 2002

Hi all,

I have a question on the proper use of the <noscript> tag.  I currently have
a tag:

<a onclick="makenewwindow(page1.htm)">

This will open page1.htm in a separate pre-defined window.

I now want to add a tag a for those who might have Javascript turned off.
So I added the following tag after the the one above.

and then I closed the tag

</a>

I'm running this in ie 5.x and it actually works....so your asking what's
the problem.  I doesn't validate.  Is there another way to accomplish this
task and validate.

TIA

Jim Williamson