[thelist] Question on use of no script tag

Craig Saila crsaila at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 12 12:50:00 CST 2002

Jim Williamson wrote:
> I have a question on the proper use of the <noscript> tag.  I currently
> have a tag:
>
> <a onclick="makenewwindow(page1.htm)">

Use:
false">text</a>

If JS is enabled it will call makenewwindow() and load the current value
of the href attribue (return false cancels the action of clicking the
href attribute). Non-JS browsers will still load page1.htm though.

More at evolt's "Links & JavaScript Living Together in Harmony"
<http://makeashorterlink.com/?G26E14A6>

--
Cheers,

Craig Saila