[thelist] Detecting versions of XML parser in IE?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Mar 12 15:35:00 CST 2002

At 01:17 PM 3/12/2002, Scott Dexter wrote:
>I've been asked to pass this question along:
>
>Is there a way (through javascript, presumably) to detect the version of
>XML parser in IE? We're doing some stuff that apparently IE 5.0 (and its
>ome parser) doesn't like.

If you are using a DTD in the header of the XML code, IE can and will barf.
If you have any control over the user environment - get the users to update
their XML DLLs.
---
Anthony Baratta
President