[thelist] CSS and border characteristics in IE 5.0 PC

Hardacker, Andrew Andrew.Hardacker at Compuware.com
Tue Mar 12 16:18:01 CST 2002

<snip>
> border-bottom: 1px solid #ffffff;
    The order that you suggest is correct, but it isn't a matter of personal
preference. The CSS 2 recommendation specifies the order [1] as:
border: [border-width || border-style || color] | inherit
</snip>

The example above is the format I prefer, too, but the recommendation is
misrepresented. It states:

"A double bar (||) separates two or more options: one or more of them must
occur, in any order."

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/about.html#x0

Of course, I also prefer the literals "black" and "white" to the hex values
because I never remember which is which in hex.

Andy
andy at hardacker.com