[thelist] multicolumn soon ? (was RE: event handlers in a stylesheet?)

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Wed Mar 13 08:15:00 CST 2002

> (The other is closer to reality: "CSS3 module: Multi-column layout"
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-multicol/>)

Craig,

do you have any hint as to when this will become reality?

<tip type="white background is not a default everywhere" author="s t e f">
Never use white backgrounds in your OS. Choose something like a very light
gray.
This way you'll always notice when you forgot to specify a white background
to your design.

Too many people tend to forget to check that they have indeed set a
background color, and on my machine it cruelly shows and ruins some designs.

I've even put up a IE bookmarklet to correct that on the fly when looking at
pages:
javascript:void(document.body.style.background='white');
</tip>