[thelist] css rendering myths and optimizing

Adam adam at hallinteractive.com
Wed Mar 13 11:04:01 CST 2002

hey hey all

I'm currently drafting what is turning out to be an absolutely mammoth
global style sheet. I was hoping for confirmation on something I'm pretty
sure I read in a tutorial somewhere.- When the external css is read by the
browser it displays the last thing it reads first -so last rule read is
first rule displayed. is this true?

Also I'm trying to group my rules according to first elements in the doc
that come up- so I have a series of stacked tables in my doc and I have all
the rules for elements in that box organized as such in my css...

/* nav table styles begin */

.class {
stuff: things;
}

#id {
morestuff: more things;
}

/* nav table styles end */

/* header table styles begin */

.class {
stuff: things;
}

#id {
morestuff: more things;
}

/* header tales styles end */

Are there any rules I've missed when setting up an external css that is
optimized for speed and needs to be logical for future developer eyes?

cheers !
Adam.

-----
adam at hallinteractive.com