SOLVED - RE: [thelist] ASP connection problems

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Wed Mar 13 16:24:00 CST 2002

Dang it!

It *WAS* a bad TNSNAMES file!

I hate when that happens!

RonL.

{not really a tip - cuz I haven't had time to try it out yet ...
however}

A lot of folks have built nice css-based mouse-over and on-click
stylistic effects.  It occurred to me over the weekend that you could
use a JavaScript "timing script" to trigger the class changes instead of
using an on-click or mouseover event.

It may be this week's "flaming Piranha", but you should be able to
construct JS based "CSS Text Animation" ... flashing 'Eat at Joes - Code
at evolt' or some such nonsense by changing the background properties,
color, and font weight of the classed text.  Kind of a 'Times Square'
effect.

Then again ... maybe it has a constructive use.