[thelist] Trouble in COM land!

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Thu Mar 14 16:53:00 CST 2002

Man alive, I guess I'm just not meant to develop in this manner.  I built a
very simple component (a la Hello World) on my home machine (also Win2k
Pro/IIS5/VS6) and attempted to use it in an ASP page and what did I get?
500 Server Error.  How useful!

Checking the dcomcnfg utility I discovered no users were associated with the
default access permissions, so I set that up in the same manner that the
launch permissions were setup (System, Admins, IWAM, IUSR, Interactive) but
nothin doin.

Am I the first to have this much hardship associated with COM development?
=)

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net