[thelist] <h1> tag in search engines?

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Mar 15 08:00:01 CST 2002

> I seem to remember a post here a while back (was it from Rudy?)

hi olly, yes it was   ;o)

> saying some search engines can look through a page until they
> find a heading tag and take that as the main content, so that navigation
> and things dont get in the way of the content. Or something. IIRC. YMMV.

wow, what a memory

  http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20020204/067647.html

michael, if your client has "a self-titled web guru over there going
through my source and style sheets" then just ask your client to accept
your work the way you developed it and let the guru make the changes

your job is not to prove that the changes the guru suggests are wrong, nor
to prove that the way you developed the page is right -- just suggest to
your client that you do not consider h1 spamming professionally competent,
and leave it at that

rudy