[thelist] MySQL Tables for weblog

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 16 17:55:01 CST 2002

--- rudy <r937 at interlog.com> wrote:
> >Table Entries
> >ID (key) | Title of post | Date | Entry
> >
> >Table Comments
> >Postername | comment | email | entryid
>
> hi lach
>
> the Comments table will probably want an ID of its own,
> and both it and the
> ID of Entries should be auto_increment
>
> the Comments table should also have a date column, and
> both date columns
> should actually be datetime -- and don't call them "Date"
> which is a
> reserved word
>
> you might (it's just a thought) consider some kind of
> field to hold the
> auto_increment fields
> aren't very good for that purpose
>

> rudy

Damn, there I go and forget to ask one of the questions I
had. Is there some sql way of counting all the comments
associated with a particular entry, or would a seperate
field be needed on the entry table counting the comments on
it?(that seems to violate some db design rules...)

thanks for all the advice.

Lach