[thelist] real men code by hand...

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Sat Mar 16 19:40:01 CST 2002

> Of course it's. Would it be equally as inflammatory to respond that while
> hand coding is practical and important to know it's usefulness for entire
> sites went out with the strapless bra?
> :: snigger :: Is that female enough for you?

I'd like to say "Go Gal Go", but I can't.
Hand coding is especially important when you have huge sites.  It optimises
the code. Well, at least it doesn't put garbage in it.

On huge sites, and on dynamic sites, intelligent hand coding is the way to
go. Then you get the server to dynamically generate a static page for you,
and voila.

SSI, some server side programming (PHP, ASP, whatever strikes your fancy) is
a much better solution than any wysiwyg can offer.

Nicole
who had a strapless bra, or rather a strapless merry widow for a while :)