[thelist] real men code by hand...

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 02:10:10 CST 2002

> real men don't need color-coding...  real women don't
> need those men, either...

unless they're debugging someone else's code, and time
matters to them.

> notepad is everywhere -- on my home machine, on the
> laptop i found at the
> coffee shop, on my client's servers, on my parents'
> machine...  learn to
> master notepad, and every computer is a pit-stop coding
> workstation for those
> long days in the big blue room when you just can't get
> that block of code out
> of your head... stop for a coffee and a code dump, and
> move on to the next
> court-mandated community service gig... that's the
> freedom notepad allows....

But what's wrong with coding in a good free hugely
cusotmisable editor (html-kit;) ) at hoime, and then if you
need to pitcode somewhere else using notepad then - you
still get the colour coding once you look over that code at
home again.

Lach