[thelist] real men code by hand...

Veronica Yuill veronicay at archetype-it.com
Sun Mar 17 08:29:01 CST 2002

At 12:30 17/03/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Why on earth would anyone code using _only_ notepad?
>BBEdit may not know html better than you, but it's syntax checker will beat
>you anytime of the day in checking your code real fast. Unless of course you
>are the mozart of htmlcodes and you make no mistakes, ever.
>Color coding is usefull, so is things like inserting DTDs instead of opening
>onather page in notepad and copy/paste it to your current document.

I agree -- insisting on only using Notepad is sheer masochism. It's like
slicing tomatoes using a butter knife. Sure, if there's nothing else to
hand it will do the job, but you'll do it better and more quickly by
getting a proper chef's knife and keeping it sharp.

2 centimes from a confirmed hand-coder (Textpad) ...

Veronica Yuill                 email: veronicay at archetype-it.com
Archetype Information Technology Ltd  http://www.archetype-it.com/english/