[thelist] Different coloured underline for links

Kristina Floyd kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Sun Mar 17 10:40:01 CST 2002

on Sunday, March 17, 2002, 4:11:47 PM, Kristina wrote:

::
>   For example how do I create red text with a blue underline?
::

I feel a bit ridiculous answering my own post, but I've worked it out
now (typical!!)  So I thought I'd reply with the answer - just in case
anyone else is interested!

If anyone else has any other ways of doing this, I'd love to know
about them, as I'm not sure how correct it is putting other tags
inside <a> tags. It doesn't seem to be the ideal way of doing it.

[external style sheet]
a:link {
  color : #0000ff;
  text-decoration : none;
}

a:visited {
  color : #888888;
}

a:active, a:hover {
  color : #ff0000;
  text-decoration : underline;
}

.menuLink {
  color : #0000ff;
}

[html]

(will give a blue link with a red underline)

--
hth
 kristina

kristina at kfx-design.co.uk