[thelist] Seeking Opinions: low budget Digital Video Cameras

Josh Earl jearl at adel.tafe.sa.edu.au
Sun Mar 17 19:32:00 CST 2002

Hi All,

Well it looks like I'm in the market for an entry level Digital Video
Camera. What I was wondering was, does anyone out there have any experience
with sub $600US DV Cameras, especially in low light situations? I'm not
interested in the 'nightvision' style 0 lux options...as retaining image
quality at night is crucial.

The main application I'm buying it for is the documentation of Fire
Art/Dance while I travel the world on a shoestring :). Fire Art is typically
dynamic in terms of movement, and at night.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Josh

PS if the listees deign this post to be OT, I'll pay with a Tip (but I have
to think of one first).