[thelist] Site check www.twitchen.co.uk/trial02/

Veronica Yuill veronicay at archetype-it.com
Mon Mar 18 10:41:01 CST 2002

At 15:39 18/03/2002 +0000, you wrote:

>   The trouble is I have been told the site must use frames, I don't
>   want to use frames.  But me saying "I don't like frames" is not
>   enough of a reason not to use them.  Which is fair enough.
>
>   Basically I need some ammo for being able to persuade those that
>   need persuading that using frames is totally wrong for this site.
>
>   But my gut feeling could be totally wrong, maybe frames are ok
>   (personally I don't think so) I can see so many problems with this
>   layout its unreal!  Especially at 640 x 480 in any browser.

Hi,

The first thing I'd ask is why they feel the frames are necessary. I agree
with you that it doesn't seem appropriate for this site (and on my screen
there is an ugly scrollbar on the left-hand frame which extends halfway
down the screen and then stops -- most disconcerting). If you find out why
they believe frames are necessary, you may be able to think of a way of
achieving what they require without frames.

PS Although it could use some tidying up, I find the original design
cleaner and more attractive -- even though it uses frames as well! The
graded background on the new one looks sludgy and rather old-fashioned.

HTH

Veronica Yuill                 email: veronicay at archetype-it.com
Archetype Information Technology Ltd  http://www.archetype-it.com/english/