[thelist] An amazing Web Programing

Simon Willison cs1spw at bath.ac.uk
Mon Mar 18 11:06:01 CST 2002

Eric Vitiello wrote:

>-- Syed Zeeshan Haider [Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:19:05 +0500]:

>>http://www.shebbi.com/ to view this. Can somebody explain how did he
>>created this amazing thing?
>>
> That clock, in many different forms, has been around for a few years.
>
> Not sure where it originally came from.  Looking at the source will
> explain how it's done quite well. javascript function tied to the
> onmousemove event.
>
> I'm quite sure that the shebbi guy did not create that clock.  he may
> have modified it, but I've seen the clock around for years.

Yup, in fact it was brough up on this very list a few days ago :)

http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20020311/106255.html

It's very well written DHTML, however it only works in Internet
Explorer. It's also a horrible thing to have on your site - it may be
impressive, but anything that follows the mouse around is likely to
start irritating your visitors very quickly...