[thelist] CVS... (info needed !)

Christopher Joseph Christopher at ideadesigners.com
Tue Mar 19 08:18:01 CST 2002

>>---- M. Anthony Berreta mentioned something about having his cvs
integrated
>>in homesite. .... ?!?!?!?

>>  HEY THAT sounds cool. Is that a homemade toolbar you have Anthony?!?

>Have just upgraded to homesite 5 and it appears there is a new source
>control tool bar. When you create a project on the project base icon you
can
>right click and select your source control providor.

>MY QUESTION: I have MKS integrity installed and WINCVS but homesite only
>only picks up MKS. How has anyone else got homesite to recognise CVS?

In answer to my own question ;-) http://www.jalindi.com/igloo/

It seems WINCVS doesn`t use SCC API (MS visual source safe API). It is this
API that Homesite uses to ID source control software. There seem to be a
number of projects - one of which is the link listed above - to build an
interface to SCC API for CVS (golly what a lot of TLAs).

Will send a TIP once I have managed to install the fella!

Chris.