[thelist] CNN Pay to use?

Michael Roberto evolt at shriek.net
Tue Mar 19 13:56:01 CST 2002

Keep in mind this isn't access to the CNN website.  This is a fee to access
CNN's video clips and streaming video.  There is no mention of CNN moving
to full blown "required" membership to view the text stories on the web.

Personally I find it easier to simply READ the news story, or skim it
for the vital info, than watching the often short video clips. I don't mind
them charging for video content, since like most people I already get CNN
via cable, so I have the opportunity to watch the channel for true video
clips.

The article which Sal posted has more details.  Here's the original
USA Today article...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/cyber/tech/2002/03/18/paycontent.htm

mike.

Mike Roberto