[thelist] double-you double-you double-you

Matt Liotta mliotta at iname.com
Wed Mar 20 04:08:00 CST 2002

While it is possible to have domain.com and www.domain.com point to
completely different IPs, some web browsers are rather silly in how they
handle just typing in a domain. For example, I have seen some browsers
automatically add the www to the domain that a person typed into the address
bar. While I think that anybody setting up www.domain.com and domain.com
pointing to different IPs is insane, their is nothing technically wrong with
it. Additionally, it is entirely reasonable to have domain.com not point to
anything.

-Matt