[thelist] Converting WebBoard to FuseTalk

BILL BROWN BILL.BROWN at desertschools.org
Wed Mar 20 08:20:00 CST 2002

Another good forum application is CFBoards, from Erudition Zone. It's been around a lot longer than FuseTalk and is completely Fuseboxed. My friend developed it and he gives you the source so that you can customize it to suit your environment. If you're still evaluating, I would check it out too.

http://www.eruditionzone.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=CFBoards

Bill Brown
Web Developer
Desert Schools Federal Credit Union

>>> susanhw at webcastle.com 3/19/02 3:29 PM >>>
Greetings!

One of my clients is interested in upgrading their current Conference
package (WebBoard) to something that is a cleaner integration with their
web site. They are using Cold Fusion on their site, and I thought that
FuseTalk (from e-zone media) would be a good place to start my evaluations.
Before I get into that however, I have to determine how to port the content
of the WebBoard Db (i.e. Threads, Message ID's, poster ID, etc) to whatever
new package they decide to purchase.

Has anyone done this successfully? From WebBoard (version 4) to something
else? I understand the mechanics of what has to be done, I am just
wondering if there are some instructions provided with other packages that
give a step by step so I don't have to start from scratch...

TIA!

Susan Wallace