[thelist] clarification on strange css property please

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Wed Mar 20 08:31:01 CST 2002

Looking at the definition for the font directive in the O'Reilly book, I
found that it is a way of specifying the line height.

Specifying 1.2 in it's own specifies it relative to the font size. So it is
a scaling factor.

So if we have a font size of 12px then the line height is 12px * 1.2 = 14.4

Cool huh?

<tip type="Learning from The List">
I've found that if I'm learning a new developer technology (such as CSS),
looking at questions on that subject on The List and seeing if I can figure
out the answers is a great way of teaching myself more about that particular
technology.
</tip>

Steve Cook
web strategist
Evitbe AB
031-15 16 17   031-809 365   0703-13 26 31
steve.cook at evitbe.com       www.evitbe.com