[thelist] center page vertically with css

Joxn joxn at vernum.com
Wed Mar 20 12:49:01 CST 2002

Joxn wrote:
> Hey folks,
> all that CSS talk got me wondering if it is possible to center a page
> vertically with just CSS?
>
> I know that you can nest a table in a table - like they tell you on
> http://www.lumia.com/tips/centerpage.htm - but I'd like to get rid of
> that outer-table.
>
> margin: auto just centered the content horizontally and not as I wished
> vertically as well.

Uh well, I still sit infront of this problem with no solution. I've been
searching everywhere and now I am a bit confused that there is no reply
from thelist. Either this means that I made a fool of myself because
this is a) so obvious or b) has been answered before (couldn't find
anything in the archive though) or nobody knows the answer - and I
seriously doubt that this is possible on this list. :)

Well, any form of help / hint / slap would be great.

<tip type="gadgets, linux" author="joxn">
If you have some freetime at hand, check out the STB3036N settop box by
allwell.tv . This is a fantastic little box with no moving parts. To
make the perfect linux box set linux-from-scratch
(www.linuxfromscratch.org) up on it. *Sweeeeet*. :)
</tip>
--
    || //\\ \\// |\\||  ::  joxn at vernum.com  ::