[thelist] MovableType 2.0

Veronica Yuill veronicay at archetype-it.com
Thu Mar 21 03:07:01 CST 2002

At 07:04 21/03/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>It seems that to use it on a commercial site it's going to cost me
>$150 and I'm not allowed to set it up on a client site, although the
>client could buy a commercial licence and set it up themselves?

Have you had confirmation of that from the authors? I too read the licence
and wondered about this. I'm happy not to charge clients for the software
(apart from the licence fee that goes to MT), but it seems unreasonable not
to charge for my time in installing and customizing it. None of our clients
are capable of doing this themselves -- that's why they hire us.

I've just started trying out MT 2.0 after having a few problems with
Greymatter, and so far I like it very much. I will probably convert my
personal blog to it when I have time.

Regards

Veronica Yuill                 email: veronicay at archetype-it.com
Archetype Information Technology Ltd  http://www.archetype-it.com/english/