[thelist] Need ammunitions

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Thu Mar 21 07:51:03 CST 2002

Hi folks

One of my sites from a few years ago has just gone through a design revamp.
They handed that contract to a marketing company where someone with a copy
of Dreamweaver did a new look. While I have nothing against the look itself,
I totally dislike the way it's been coded. However we need some sort of
ammunition to tell the client. Because the marketing company claims their
code is the best and we know nothing, of course...

The new site is here (bypassing the Flash intro, which I also dislike, but
that's another story, let's avoid it for now)
http://www.tilling.com.au/new/tillHome.htm

Screenshots of problems you may get would be very much appreciated.
The site has been designed for a Windows platform, IE browser and a
resolution of 1024x768 (cause that's what the client has on his desk)  If
you have that, then the site will be fine, mostly.

Comments in layman's terms would be appreciated too. We already pointed the
client to Aadvark's article about absolute positioning, but that's too
complex for someone who's not a web developper (even the marketing company
didn't understand it).

Nicole