[thelist] hosting companies in other countries

Nicole P nicole at parrot.ca
Sun Mar 24 06:55:01 CST 2002

Hi Dave

If you program "stuff", you have to be aware that the server clock won't be
in the same timezone.
It may or may not have an impact. The server will also be set with a US
locale.

I got into trouble when hosting an australian site onto a US server
(requested by the client, not me). Daylight saving time are reversed between
the two countries. When we go forward, they go backwards, etc...
For a time sensitive application, it was painful...

Nicole