[thelist] targeting effectively (was: navigation through form posting)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 24 17:20:13 CST 2002

> From: Matt Liotta <mliotta at iname.com>
>
> > how about because it *can* and it doesn't take any extra
> > development?
> >
> That statement is simply not true. Not only does it take more
> development time, but it also takes more QA time. A small percentage
> of users simply do not justify the expense.

egad, man, do you use FP to build sites?

since i took on the mantle of standards and accessibility, my sites have
garnered wider audiences, have shown *faster* development times (around
20% faster), have won more design awards, have created more business
opportunities, and are smaller and leaner to download...

not only is there no expense (it's a savings, after all, to do it this way), it
actually increases that tiny percentage you disregard, because they have
*somewhere* to go that doesn't look down on them and treat them as second-
class users...

so, if it takes less time and money to do, and garners more users, how is my
statement not true?