[thelist] targeting effectively (was: navigation through formposting)

Hugh Blair hblair at worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 24 19:54:01 CST 2002

Strict or transitional? I've been using transitional and yet, pages
that verify have issues in some common browsers. Maybe I'm also using
code elements that are too 'new' for the older browsers?

I'm getting ready to (re)build (from scratch) an ecommerce site and
there's no need to impress the users with WOW features. It just has
to be clean to use, easy to navigate, look good, and of course, make
money (grin).  This time I want to do it 'right' or 'best' in the
first pass.

I'd like to use some of the nicer DHTML/CSS features, but until I
get a pile of browsers installed on some test machines, I'm trying
to code smart, tread lightly, yet look good.

Research continues...

-Hugh