[thelist] The Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Act

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Mon Mar 25 08:37:01 CST 2002

[snip]

> If US law provides effective blockage of personal copying rights, then
> that will be echoed in products worldwide. If media corps. are able to
> force libraries in the US to charge members a per-use fee for access to
> media, then they will most likely do that elsewhere, too.

No.

If a range of new technology products is to succeed in the
marketplace and become a wildfire success, it needs (from the
end-user point of view) to suck less than whatever you've
got now.  This stuff'll just fail, in the unlikely event
it ever makes it to statute.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com