[thelist] targeting effectively (was: navigation through form posting)

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Mon Mar 25 09:58:01 CST 2002

On 05:18 AM 3/25/2002, Jon Hall said to me:
>In summary...design for the lowest common denominator. People can't help
>it if their browser sucks.

Actually, you'd be surprised how often that is the case...but we've already
been through the litany of examples of people who are unable or unwilling
to upgrade (slow download times, corporate networks and firewalls, colleges
and universities, different platforms, upgrades never function properly,
wonky installations, etc., etc., etc.).

Martin already made the most important point: it's not
difficult/expensive/whatever other reason you make up/etc. to code to
standards/make sites work for everybody when you do it in the right order:
bells and whistles last.

I've never seen what's so hard about all this...

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

                I'm reading your e-mail right now.