[thelist] Chili asp problem

ashok at magicalkenya.com ashok at magicalkenya.com
Mon Mar 25 10:00:01 CST 2002

I was just testing out my m.e.o account with an asp script....
I  am having this wierd problem with chili asp of not being being able to
read any
file in my directory using the filesystem object ....

<%= "Server.MapPath of / = " + Server.MapPath("/") %><br>
<%= "Server.MapPath of . = " + Server.MapPath(".") %><br>
<% dim tmp, fso,objTextS
   tmp = Server.MapPath("index.html")
   Response.Write ("This is Server.MapPath of index.html :  " + tmp)
   Set fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Response.Write ("<br>Trying to read file index.html...using text stream..")
Set f = fso.GetFile(tmp)
Set objTextS = f.OpenAsTextStream(1, -2)
 %><br>
 <%="<PRE>"+objTextS.ReadAll+"</PRE>"%>

I keep getting this error (& some similar errors if i try to use absolute
paths...):-

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0044'
Device unavailable
/Junglee/new.asp, line 8

>From what  i could make it , it keeps bombing out when it calls GetFile...
its seems to work without a problem on my win2k iis box....

Is it something that i am doing wrong or is it something to do with
permissions on m.e.o ?.

the file is at :
http://members.evolt.org/Junglee/new.asp
 code is identical to the 1 shown above...

ciao
ashok