[thelist] targeting effectively

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Mon Mar 25 10:03:01 CST 2002

On 11:27 PM 3/24/2002, aardvark said to me:
>and cookies have obvious exceptions, like allowing many shopping carts to
>work... but if i went to a site and couldn't navigate the pages without
>cookies,
>i'd be pretty disappointed...

Like Logitech's web site:

<http://www.logitech.com/>

I reject cookies out of instinct (because 99% of them are worthless for
me).  Logitech uses cookies to track language and region  and prevents me
from seeing anything without them.  Which, of course, drives me crazy if I
just want to find out stats on their optical mice.

Of course, the fact that they are using cookies to determine language and
region and that the "Cookies Required" message is only in English is a bit
ironic...

<http://www.logitech.com/cf/cookies_required.cfm?LanguageID=1>

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/