[thelist] Favorite non Micro$oft PC email clients

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Tue Mar 26 00:34:01 CST 2002

Ian Potts wrote:

> Actually, Pine is available for windows. I have only briefly used it though,
> so I don't know how it compares to the *nix version. It's available below:

Okay, this is awful "my aunt's friend's dentist said..." stuff, but I
hear (without having ever used it myself) that PC-Pine is pretty flaky,
especially in comparison to the standard *nix Pine, which is one of the
best programs ever created for any purpose on any platform.

I definitely owe a tip for this one, but I'm lazy, so I'm going to
rehash old topics:

<tip type="Domain Name Registration" author="David Wagner">

It's been mentioned before, but deserves another round of applause:
http://www.gandi.net

Registration the way it should be.

My estimated time on the VeriNetSignSolutions Consolidated Holdings
Company Inc. site last week, attempting to make minor changes to two
domain names: 6 hours.

Estimated time on Gandi's website today, renewing and verifying
information on three domain names: 5 minutes.

Cost: 12 Euros/year (approximately $10.50). And I know, in English and
in French, that *I* own my domains, not the registrar.

</tip>

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net