OT: RE: [thelist] targeting effectively

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Tue Mar 26 04:38:01 CST 2002

<SNIP>

> >That first name is the biggie: Syndey Olympic Committee.
> um that's 'Sydney' [sic]
>
> Cheers
> Martin

Nope - it could well be the lesser known Syndey Olympics...
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~oumpa/report.html

... which took place near Syndey Harbour...
http://www.international.unsw.edu.au/current/pictures/harbour.shtml

...where the water supply has been polluted by dead dogs!
http://www.tabloid.net/1998/07/31/water_980731.html

(Check the title tags in each case)

.steve

(OK - I owe big time for that one, but after the heavyweight "targeting
effectively" marathon I thought some light relief might be needed!)

<tip type="SMS Services">
Looking to provide SMS services on your website? A great starting place is
this page at AnywhereYouGo.com
http://www.anywhereyougo.com/sms/Article.po?type=SMS_Tutorial&page=108259&h=
0

Plus this page lists a whole range of service providers for SMS relaying.
http://www.anywhereyougo.com/ayg/ayg/sms/Article.po?id=44830&h=0
</tip>

<tip type="ASP email newsletters">
If you are looking to build an ASP driven email newsletter system, then
you'll need to look into an SMTP component or server that contains a pickup
directory. MS Server 2000 includes one. Basically one uses a component such
as ASPEmail (http://www.aspemail.com/) or Jmail(http://www.dimac.com/) to
write text files formatted with mail headers to the mail pickup directory.
The SMTP server then sends the mail files at its leisure. This avoids your
ASP script timing out while it waits for the server to send mail.

If you are in an environment where MS's own pickup sirectory isn't
available, ASPEmail includes one as a part of its component.
</tip>