[thelist] Moral : Don't use javascript for critical functions

Syed Zeeshan Haider zeeshan_paki at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 09:55:01 CST 2002

Hi Michael,
I am changing the subject line of an extensively discussed thread. I
read about 50% percent posts of this thread "navigation through form
posting". I left some unread because the technical language used in
those posts was higher than my head. My first concern is JavaScript.
Experts of web say that JavaScript was invented (or developed) by
Netscape to handle web pages dynamically. With JavaScript off on client
side, how can this language be useful for the developers who want to use
JavaScript for "critical functions"? What would be the other choice for
such JavaScripters? How can a man, who has learnt an easy language like
JavaScript to handle the dynamics, would be inclined to learn the more
difficult languages like pearl, C and other web languages just to
replace an easy one for the same dynamics? It seems to me a sad thing
for JavaScript.
Can't there be any INTERNATIONAL LAW, which could restrict the use of
JavaScript for spam like pop-up ads? How can JavaScript be the risk for
security?
Note: I am in the basics of web and I have joined this list just to
learn more and more from experts like you.
Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/