[thelist] targeting effectively

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Tue Mar 26 11:56:01 CST 2002

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

David

What I'm telling you is that:
1) It's enshrined in legislation in a number of countries (US, UK and
Australia to pick three)
2) There is precedent (in which public funding wasn't an issue to anyone
but you, so please do stop harping on about it)
3) Other companies have settled out of court because their legal advice was
that they'd lose
4) Further still companies have avoided legal action by complying
5) If you fail to provide appropriate guidance to your clients and they get
sued, you're also liable because your work was not fit for purpose.

How much clearer does it need to be?

Cheers
Martin

Subject:    Re: [thelist] targeting effectively

So... basically you're telling me that besides the one PUBLICLY funded
organization that was successfully sued, there are no legal precedents.

Thank you for answering my question.