[thelist] targeting effectively

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Tue Mar 26 12:29:11 CST 2002

'Across the world' is irrelevant.  Domestic also applies.

> then by NOT providing access to persons with a
> disability, that is unlawful.

Thanks.

> If a company's INTENT is merely to sell products or publish promotional
> material, then no, there is no discrimination.

That is an exact and precise contradiction of your last
paragraph.  If you're offering goods or services for sale,
then you're offering them for sale to everyone.

Anything else is illegal discrimination in exactly the
same way as discriminating by race would be.  "I only
want to sell goods and services or provide promotional
material to able-bodied people" won't stand up.  Replace
'able bodied' for 'white', and perhaps (yeah, right)
you'll begin to understand the law, and the reasons for
the law.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com