[thelist] Browser Stats

Chris chris at fuseware.com
Tue Mar 26 13:04:01 CST 2002

Josh,

   I have access to logs from a major e-commerce site, not top 10, but
somewhere in the top 50, if I recall correctly.  Two issues you may
encounter in your quest:

1) We restrict our site to 4+ browsers and even some of those don't get
a good experience. This will skew the results.

2) There is no business case to release these stats, and the basic
corporate mentality is to not release data unless there is a very good
reason.  You never know what may be valuable to your competition.