[thelist] Search Engine Hell

nagrom morgan at morgankelsey.com
Tue Mar 26 18:01:01 CST 2002

daniel,

> >you need to take this line out of your code:
> >
> ><META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOFOLLOW">
> >

> What I was trying to achieve was that only the homepage got indexed since
It is dynamically assembled and I wouldnt want chunks of the site such as
just the
> navbar to appear in the listings

you needn't worry about that, spiders are just like browsers, they follow
links and receive pages. Sever side includes are included....on the server,
so the spider will always get the assembled page, and never the pieces
(unless you use frames, where it can be an issue).

you could put that noindex tag in your subpages, but i wouldn't as the
internal pages will contribute to your link popularity (a little)

what did you use to make the site? it looks like a php version of
fusebox.....

nagrom