[thelist] MySQL Permissions Going In Circles

Jay Greenspan jay at trans-city.com
Wed Mar 27 10:11:01 CST 2002

Jay,

Why are you doing INSERTs into the GRANT tables? Bad plan. Use the GRANT
statement instead. Much, much easier to work with.

Next: the fact that you're logged in as the Linux root user has no
effect on the MySQL user accessing the database. Log out of MySQL and
try logging in as the MySQL root user:

shell> /path/to/mysql/install/bin/mysql -u root -pMypassword

Then familiarize yourself with the GRANT statement and use it.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/G/R/GRANT.html

-j