[thelist] Article validation on evolt.org?

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Mar 27 22:08:01 CST 2002

> Am I the only one who got 8 copies of that email?

hi martin

which one?  the one from me?  aw, crap

actually, i have been getting many duplicates in the past few days

i figured it was my internet service provider, receiving an email from
thelist and duplicating it a few times before i download it...

it was happening to emails that i get from other, non-evolt lists, too

who knows, maybe it's one of the many many machines that our emails pass
through in their many hops from sender to recipient...

i don't mind duplicates, because if i sort by date i can usually spot them
and not waste time reading them

what bugs me are emails that get held up somewhere for a day

i can tell, because i often see answers to questions long before i see the
original questions

email reliable?  sure it is, you just have to set your expectations at the
appropriate levels

it's a good thing these computers aren't being used for anything
critical -- i mean, if something's urgent or important, we just up and call
the person on the phone, right?

<tip type="contingency planning">
how long since you last backed up your files?  i thought so
</tip>

rudy