[thelist] IE6 on NT4

Jim Williamson lakeridge_jim at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 28 08:25:01 CST 2002

Good morning all,

A co-worker just downloaded IE 6 on to her machine running NT4 (she was
previously running IE 5).  When viewing her site, which was built using
Macromedia Dreamweaver and CSS2 techniques, it appears that the browswer is
not rendering the style sheets correctly.  These pages were previously
tested on a machine running IE 6 on XP Professional and appeared just fine.
They also have been validated on the W3C site.

Question: Has anyone else run into this problem?  Is there some advanced
setting that need to be changed or setup differently.  We also checked other
pages on our intranet.  Those built using a table layout were fine, just the
ones we are building using CSS to layout seem affected. Any comments or

Jim Williamson
Interactive Training Developer